Conference Transportation Information
The Midwest Bioeconomy & Safer Products Summit: Regional Innovations Solving Global Problems will be held on the 2nd floor of the Minneapolis Central Library, located at the intersection of Hennepin Avenue and 3rd Street South in downtown Minneapolis. The address of the library is 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401. Below are directions for traveling to the library by public transportion, taxi, SuperShuttle, and car. Parking information is located at the bottom of this page.
The MetroTransit lightrail (LRT) is available from MSP directly to downtown Minneapolis. The rate is $2.25 during Rush Hours (Mon-Fri, 6:00-9:00am and 3:00-6:30pm) and $1.75 at all other times, including all day on weekends. Purchase a ticket using cash or credit card from the ticket machine on the station platform. You must pay for your ride before boarding the train.
From Terminal 1 (Lindbergh), the LRT takes roughly 24 minutes to reach downtown Minneapolis and departs approximately every 10-15 minutes depending on the time of day. Once you reach downtown, get off at the Nicollet Mall Station. Head northwest on 5th St towards Nicollet Mall and turn right; the walk to the library is two blocks.
MetroTransit bus service is available in and around the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, including limited “Free Ride” buses (50 cents on others) on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis. Bus rates outside of downtown are $2.25 during Rush Hours (Mon-Fri, 6:00-9:00am and 3:00-6:30pm) and $1.75 at all other times, including all day on weekends. Use the online Trip Planner or Google Maps (public transportation option) to view routes and times. You may also reach MetroTransit via phone at (612) 373-3333.
From MSP to the Hennepin County Library the cost is $18.00 per person one way, or $36.00 roundtrip. Reservations can be made in advance by calling (800) 258-3826 and must be pre-paid via credit card. Walk up shuttle service is available at both terminals at MSP and may be paid in cash or by credit card. In Terminal 1 (Lindbergh) follow the Hotel Shuttles sign near the baggage claim to the SuperShuttle ticket counter in the center of the Ground Transportation Atrium. From Terminal 2 (Humphrey), exit the baggage claim and use the ground-level crosswalk or second-level Skyway to proceed to the Ground Transportation Center (located directly across the street from Terminal 2).
Taxicab service is available at both terminals at MSP. Downtown Minneapolis is approximately 12 miles from the airport, so fares average $40-$50.
- Terminal 1 (Lindbergh): Taxi service is accessible via the Tram Level (Level T). Follow signs one level up to the taxi starter booth, where airport staff will assist passengers in obtaining a taxi.
- Terminal 2 (Humphrey): Taxi service is available at the Ground Transport Center, located on the ground level of the Purple parking ramp directly across from the terminal building.
- To return to MSP via taxi, we recommend Rainbow Taxi. They can be reached at (612) 332-1615.
Both terminals at the MSP airport have car rental counters. Please visit their website for details if you would like to rent a car. Below are driving directions from the MSP airport to the library:
- Take MN-5 West/I-494 West from the Minneapolis Airport.
- Take the I-35 North exit and go North on I-35W.
- Merge onto MN-65 North via the exit (on the left) toward DOWNTOWN EXITS.
- Take the MN-65/5th Avenue South exit on the left.
- Turn slight left onto South 5th Avenue/MN-65 North/5th Avenue South.
- Turn left onto 3rd Street South.
The library has an underground parking ramp that is accessible from 4th St. The parking rate is hourly, with a $12 daily maximum. This parking ramp tends to fill up quickly, but there is additional parking nearby:
- (A) North Terminal Lot (30 South 3rd St., 1 block NE of the library): Early Bird, enter by 9:00am and leave by 9:00pm ($6/day) with a $10 daily maximum.
- (B) Ritz Parking Lot (54 South 4th St., 1 block SE of the library): Early Bird, enter by 8:30am and leave by 8:00pm ($11/day) with a $13 daily maximum.
- (C) Midtown Parking Lot (11 South 4th St., 1 block SW of the library): Early Bird, enter by 10:00am and leave by 7:00pm ($11.00/day) with a $22 daily maximum.
- (D) 414 Parking Lot (414 Hennepin Ave, 1 block SW of the library): Daily maximum of $9.